Are you interested in how the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG) works administratively? Curious about what students can actually change at the FMG? Do you have an affinity with representative advisory bodies (medezeggenschap) and do you like to work together in a team of motivated students? Then apply for the vacancy of council assistant for the Faculty Student Council (FSR) 2021-2022!
In addition to a very instructive year, we offer you an office on Roeterseiland Campus and you will receive a nice resume in return. Last but not least: you will also get a compensation as a council member!
What do you do as a council assistant?
The purpose of the FSR is to follow developments within the faculty and to advise the dean on policy implementation and educational quality. As a council assistant you support the student council in substantive files, in communication and at organisational level. Here you can, just like the council members, take on work at both content and organizational level, for example by working on a number of files with the council members (the budget, housing and student involvement). You also consult with UvA staff and students. You are part of different task groups, in which you work with other council members on different dossiers. You actively participate in the council.
The FSR FMG is looking for someone who:
- is enthusiastic, with a special interest in topics such as Education and Examination Regulations, Examination Board and Rules & Guidelines, and Career Orientation;
- has an interest in representative advisory bodies (medezeggenschap), and student policy;
- has the ability to work independently and accurately;
- likes to work together in a team with motivated students;
- is available the entire academic year ‘21/’22 for approximately 15 to 20 hours (depending on the period) per week;
- is fluent in English, Dutch is a plus;
- is enrolled as a student in a course at the FMG.
Want to respond?
Have you become enthusiastic? Send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 10th of December at 23:59. Questions? Do not hesitate to mail us, and/or to visit our room (REC B1.09).