



6th meeting of the Faculty Student Council of Law

Date	10th of October 2024 15:15 – 17:00	Location	Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, REC A, Room A1.05
Present	Zofia Rytel, Len Holstein, Mihnea Loi, Johannes Hüttner, Friso Tjittens, Robin Blom, Youssra Aarab, Mitra Bamdad en Livni Beck.	Absent	Roza Wagenaer, Fabian Que en Hollando Bangun.
Guests	Carlos van Eck.	Secretary	Mirthe den Held

Agenda

Notes by the chair are written in cursive and are part of the agenda and the minutes, after publication.

1. Opening of the meeting

15:16

2. Setting of the agenda

Zofia: I will add the Dean selection and the Chairs meeting to the agenda.

3. Minutes of the previous meeting

- No comments.

4. Update from CSR delegate (Roza)

Email from Roza:

CSR delegate update: On the networking gala: Brody decided to not bring it to tomorrow's CSR PV so unfortunately, we did not decide on it yet. I expect it to be discussed next week on Thursday, so I'll let you know. We could also postpone deciding on this, I think.

For further information about what we will be discussing this week's PV I'd like to refer you to the CSR concept agenda, it has probably been sent but I also attached it to this email.

On mediation: I can't give any new updates on this yet because of confidentiality.

PR Committee: Last PR committee meeting I came up with the possibility of starting a TikTok account to increase our visibility (especially during elections). We agreed that we should take this to the general PV. If we could discuss it at the beginning of the PV on the 17th that would be perfect, so I can elaborate a bit more about it. Zofia I'll send you an email about this as well.

Zosia: So, the CSR didn't respond to the networking gala yet.

Robin: I will postpone inviting Brodi.

5. Budget Pitch (Mihnea)

The excel is attached, please read it so we don't have to go point by point in PV

Mihnea: I would like to get your approval for the budget. I have different versions for optimistic and pessimistic scenarios. I changed the budget for the hoodies. We have several options when it comes to the hoodies.

Robin: We don't have an updated faculty student banner. So, this might be more important than hoodies.

Johannes: We could allocate it under council room supplies.

Mihnea: I will adjust the budget to accommodate the banners. I do want to get hoodies that are environmentally friendly, the 'premium' hoodies.

Robin: Did you calculate the btw in the price of the hoodies?

Mihnea: So, the new price of the hoodies will be 800 euro.

→ Zofia will remind the people of the room for discussion.

Mihnea: Our ideal budget would be 16000.

- 10 votes in favor.

Mihnea: The pessimistic budget is the realized version of last year. This would mean that we have no budget for promotional material. We could plan the transitional weekend earlier, to get discount so that we have extra money for the promotional materials.

Livni: Realistically, I need 200 euro from every person for the evaluation weekend.

Mihnea: 11300 euro would be the pessimistic budget.

- 11 votes in favor.

Mihnea: Then I have a scenario in which the former budget gets corrected for inflation to 12400.

Livni: Why do you have an additional budget next to the pessimistic budget? We could adjust the pessimistic scenario if there is an adjustment next to the budget.

Johannes: I think that it might be sufficient to use the pessimistic scenario.

Mihnea: The neutral scenario has 1100 more euro than the pessimistic scenario.

Zofia: You could save the spreadsheet in case.

Mihnea: So, you're saying that you think that the pessimistic scenario has different allocations than the neutral version?

Zofia: We are voting on the question if we agree with both budgets.

Livni: So, this would be the final budget?

Mihnea: The ideal version would be the final version. The pessimistic budget would get adjusted.

Johannes: Negotiation purposes and the internal agreements are interchanged in this discussion. So, if we get a different budget, we have a neutral scenario we agreed on, so we know how to allocate it.

Len: We can adjust the budget proportionally on some topics but there are also some allocations that are set. We need to see where the budget is being cut in the pessimistic scenario, if there is a less than realistic version, we will cut on those allocations.

Johannes: We all agree, when it comes to the CoBo and the weekends, our budgets are set.

6. Announcements

Zofia: The medicine faculty just sent out the year plan.

7. Review of the action-list

Who?	What?	When?
Len, Johannes, Friso en Roza	Will attend the dean selection meeting.	9 th of October at 15:00.

Mihnea: Let me know if you didn't receive the new excel sheet that Jaap Bakker sent.

Mitra: I couldn't open it.

Zofia: You could try to open it on your computer.

Len: I have sent the division of files to Candida; she hasn't responded yet.

Zofia: Sunmoon didn't know what the action point on China was about so I think that we can let it go.

8. Guest from LOF

Carlos: I'm from the LOF organization 'Landelijke overleg fracties'. It's a representative organization for central and decentral student councils. We try to visit as many student councils as possible to connect and support them.

Zofia: Could you talk more about our possible collaborations.

Carlos: We are reaching out to faculty student councils and want ambassadors from every university. We can offer trainings for faculty student councils. At the UvA there are a lot of trainings already. At the VU this is worse for example. There are also trainings that teach about the pressure points in the faculty that can be used beyond the formal rights of advice. We would like to have someone to join the group chat as an ambassador for the FSR-FdR at the UvA. There is a training day on the 1st of February with trainings and seminars. We would like to involve the student council of law.

Zofia: Maybe the Vice-chair could join the group chat.

Livni agrees.

Carlos: Could you introduce yourself and tell your priorities.

"Introduction round"

Zofia: Could you email us information all the information? We can join the chat. Keep us updated.

Carlos: I can forward you an introduction document.

Len: Is the event for the entire council or is a delegation also fine?

Carlos: I think that a delegation would be fine.

9. Update from the PR Committee (Robin)

Robin: We didn't get a lot of responses on the story.

Zofia: Maybe you can tag the members in the post and collaborate with study association to get more respondents.

→ Robin will repost the story.



Len: we could print the toilet paper or a QR code on it.
→ Robin will organize the toilet paper.

Robin: Roza wanted to start a tiktok.

Zofia: Does she plan on running it?

Robin: Yes.

- 11 votes in favor.

Robin: Me and Johannes were thinking about starting a podcast. We could invite guests from the University. It's a different way to reach out to students.

Len: When you repost the survey, you could emphasize that it's quick.

Friso: Maybe you can pay to advertise the survey.

Johannes: We can allocate it under council projects.

Mitra: Is the problem how much people we reach or is the problem that people are not that interested?

Robin: The best way would be to stop them in the hallway and to talk to them.

Zofia: This would go back to pitching in lectures.

→ Robin will make the slides for lectures in the next two weeks.

Johannes: We could add to the presentation that we have an event that they could join.

Livni: We changed the reel a bit after the DV. Everybody will film it themselves. We need it before Thursday morning. It's important that the frame is proportionate in the video.

Len: Can you give us an example of the proportionality of the video?

Livni: Yes, I will send my video.

→ Livni will send an example of the reel.

→ Everybody will make a reel before Thursday.

10. Update from the O&F Committee (Johannes)

Johannes: We worked on the budget. We might have a lead in the AI file and researched hybrid teaching.

11. Update from O&O Committee (Fabian)

Zofia: Len and I are working on the TER; we have a meeting tomorrow.

Fabian: I had a question on the difference between the TER and exam regulations. Thalita answered me that we can only make amendment proposals for the OER. The examinations board makes amendment proposals for the examination regulations, we can give unsolicited advice to the examination board.

12. Update from council contact person (Len)

- No update

13. Dean selection meeting

- Confidential.

14. Chairs meeting

Zofia: One of the councils said that they are organizing office hours for the council. We could organize this as well during the next block.

Len: I left the door open during the first few weeks.

Robin: We could put something on the door.

Johannes: Maybe we could put a banner in the hallway.

Livni: We could ask faculty services.

→ Zofia will contact faculty services about putting up the banner in the hallway of the third level.

Zofia: All the councils are figuring out the budget. The humanities faculty will have a G1000 meeting. They pitched it in our GOV last year, however our faculty didn't decide to do this based on the costs.

Zofia: The medicine faculty has their CoBo on the 22th of October.

Johannes: it's in the exam week unfortunately.

Zofia: The economy faculty is requesting legal advice on their budget. Additionally, they have a peer-tutoring program in the works. The CSR asked us if we have a problem with the budget. For now, we said no. There will be coming an update on the mediation soon. They received legal advice on the right to protest. It might be relevant for the GOV.

→ Everybody will read the legal advice on the protests from the CSR in preparation for the CoBo.

Zofia: The chairs have sent the links to the PR-group chat again.

→ Fabian will look into the text and speech accommodations.

Zofia: I attended the chair-training. They brought up a few topics that I would like to discuss.

- Pilot of changing things up in the council. Setting time for a topic.

Robin: Within the CSR, points got delayed because they were cut off while it could be more productive to finish points.

Zofia: I would suggest only limiting the bigger topics.

Len: I think that you're doing a good job on pushing forward important topics that need to be voted on.

Zofia: They also suggested to make meeting pieces. We know what people are doing so I don't think that it would be necessary. They want me to evaluate meeting pieces and write a summary of this meeting.

15. Other points raised during the meeting / general updates to give (WVNTTK)

Zofia: I would like to check in on everybody's workload.

"Round of check-ins".

→ Chairs will send out when2meets for the coming block.

16. Final questions

Johannes: Me and Robin propose to do a different PV, with a big brainstorm meeting. We could also get a pizza and make it a bit informal.

→ Informal meeting at the beginning of block 2.

→ Livni will plan a teambuilding activity.

17. Closing of the meeting

16:43

In the case of absence and/or mandate, please send an e-mail to zofia.fsr.fdr@gmail.com & livni.fsr.fdr@gmail.com.

Action-list

Who?	What?	When?
Zofia	Will remind the people of the room for discussion for information about the hoodies. Will contact faculty services about putting up the banner in the hallway of the third level.	In due time.





Robin	Will repost the survey and add the FSR members to the post so that they can repost it. While emphasizing that it's quick. Will fix the toilet paper with QR-code project.	In due time
Roza	Will start a tiktok	In due time
Robin	Will make slides to present the FSR in lectures.	Before the 24 th of October.
Livni	Will send an example of the reel. Will plan a teambuilding activity.	ASAP
Everybody	Will make a reel. Will read the legal advice on the protests from the CSR in preparation for the CoBo.	Before the next PV.
Fabian	Will look into the text and speech accommodations.	In due time
Fabian, Johannes, Robin	Will send out when2meets for the coming block.	In due time