



11th meeting of the Faculty Student Council of Law

Date	2nd of December 2024 17:15 – 19:00	Location	Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, REC A, Room A2. 12
Present	Youssra Aarab, Mihnea Loi, Zofia Rytel, Mitra Bamdad, Roza Wageaer, Robin Blom, Hollando Bangun, Johannes Hüttner and Friso Tjittens.	Absent	Livni Beck.
Guest	Sunmoon Stokhof, Len Holstein and Fabian Que	Secretary	Mirthe den Held
Online			

Agenda

Notes by the chair are written in cursive and are part of the agenda and the minutes, after publication.

1. Opening of the meeting

17:20

2. Setting the agenda

Rosa: The FNV is asking the UvA to quit their collaboration with Israeli parties.

Zofia: We will add it to the agenda.

3. Minutes of last meeting

- Mitra was present during the last GOV, this needs to be adjusted in the minutes.

4. Announcements

04.12 FEB CoBo, 04.12 FNWI CoBo, 13.12 ASVA CoBo, WoonWijsWorkshop 9.12 – ASVA email 26.11

5. Review of the action-list

Who?	What?	When?
Sunmoon	Will inquire about his ability to be a trust person.	In due time
Robin	Will make an Instagram post on the strike and protest.	ASAP
Len and Livni	Will give a positive advice on the head of the Dutch Bachelors	ASAP



Zofia: Sunmoon said yes but he will need to renegotiate his contract so that he has enough hours.

6. **Mental Health file (Johannes) 7 min**

Johannes: We want to focus on the mental health file. I wanted to see what the council thinks of abandoning or keeping the project.

- The O&O committee will keep working on the project.

7. **CSR delegate update (Roza)**

Roza: We had our first OV with the CvB. It went well. I am looking forward to a more constructive collaboration. During our next PV, we will discuss the FNV strike. We also talked about Bora's fund for strengthening the participatory organs. Furthermore, organizations are requesting funding from the CSR, and we find it challenging to determine which ones to support. To make these decisions less arbitrary, we are developing a framework. The CSR has decided not to fund Brodi's networking gala.

Zofia: This ties back to our decision regarding collaboration with the networking gala.

Robin: I have an update on this in the PR section.

Roza: I am working on an election event within the CSR. I would like to involve all the FSR's.

8. **O&O committee update (Fabian)**

Fabian: This week, we will discuss the file distribution during our O&O meeting.

9. **PR committee update (Robin)**

Robin: Regarding the networking gala, Brodi wants to scale down the event. Within the PR committee, we are working on increasing outreach—we've posted some stories, and reels are coming soon. The toilet paper is still available, and I'd like to ask everyone to hang them in the restrooms.

Zofia: On the newsletter, the AI thing will probably be incorporated.

Robin: Can you send me the text so that I can make poster for in the elevator?

--> Youssra will send the newsletter to Robin

10. **GOV Agenda**

[GOV] files and confirmation of attendance to Livni ASAP

Zofia: There is an updated version. I proposed all your points during the pre-meeting. On the OER-proposals, they will be discussed during the Q&A-OER meeting. There is a new idea for the GOV's in general. The Works Council proposed to do a check-in at the start of the meeting. It would be great if the chairs of the committees are prepared to give an update.

The budget cuts are on the agenda. The dean is chairing this meeting.

Zofia: The 9th of December is an important day because all our meetings are happening. How do you feel about having monday be a working day and keeping the rest of the days free? We won't have a meeting during the exam week and we are free during the Christmas vacation of course. So next week will be our last meeting. Maybe we can bring some snacks?

Mirthe: The FSR is free during the exam week. It is custom that the council works the week before the exam week.



Mihnea: Are we getting the files for the GOV in English?

Zofia: No, it is our responsibility to translate them.

Johannes: Is there a translation tool that we can use?

Roza: I will look into it.

11. Meeting room change update (Youssra)

Youssra: I emailed Myrthe about the meeting room. She forwarded it.

Mirthe: Yes, I did get an email. We need to get access to another space that contains a screen which we can use for the meetings in the council room. I didn't receive confirmation that we have access.

Zofia: Livni stated that having our meetings in the council room would make it less accessible for students.

Johannes: We could announce our meetings' time and location.

Roza: We could also publish our agenda to make it more accessible for students.

Youssra: I would like to schedule a cleaning day this week.

Zofia: Could you propose a few times?

Youssra: I was thinking about Friday afternoon after 1pm.

Hollando: I will join if I have time.

12. Versterking Medezeggenschap / Strengthening Participation

[VM] and [VM ENG] files

--> Everybody will send an email to Zofia with their opinion.

13. Trust person possibility update (Sunmoon)

Sunmoon: I spoke with the board, and I will write a proposal to negotiate my hours. I'll keep you updated.

14. Strategic meeting

[241203] files

Zofia: Me and Len will be attending the meeting tomorrow. Do you want us to take something to this meeting?

- No comments.

15. CoBo attendance

Zofia: We will need one more person to go to the FEB CoBo.

--> Len and Johannes will go to the FEB CoBo.

--> Zofia and Mihnea will go to the humanities CoBo.

16. Other points/questions

Roza: FNV strike. Members of the workers Union will go on strike if their demands are not met. It's about the collaboration with Israeli universities, companies and institutions and the right to protest. They demand a decision by the CvB on Friday. Otherwise, the staff will go on strike from Monday onwards. The UvA hasn't responded yet.



Roza: The ongoing collaborations are specific research projects. The collaboration have been cut down already. For the law faculty, strikes shouldn't be too much of a problem, there are recordings of the lectures.

Robin: However, there would not be a Q&A session before exams and classes will be discontinued.

Friso: I think that this goes against the principles of being a good teacher.

17. Closing the meeting

Zofia: For the last three weeks I have been asking you how much time the council work takes you. I want to know what everybody's capacity is. Everyone gets paid for 16 hours a week.

Friso: 8

Hollando: I am not getting paid, less then 16.

Robin: It depends on the week, 12 hours.

Roza: Around 16, sometimes 20. For the CSR I have a lot of meetings.

Mitra: Not 16. A few hours a week.

Zofia: 20+ hours a week.

Mihnea: 9 hours a week.

Youssra: Less then 8 hours.

Zofia: I talked to Johannes, he spends 20+ hours.

Len: 14 hours.

Fabian: 10-14 hours.

Zofia: 14 hours is the minimum I expect everyone to work each week. The extra two hours are for when unexpected tasks arise. If you're not reaching 14 hours, please contact your committee chairs. Chairs, please make an effort to monitor your members' time. We are being paid for this work.

Closing at 18:15

In the case of absence and/or mandate, please send an e-mail to & livni.fsr.fdr@gmail.com.

Action-list

Who?	What?	When?
------	-------	-------



Yousra	Will send the newsletter to Robin	In due time
Committee Chairs	Will prepare to give an update during the GOV.	09.12
Everyone	Will join the cleaning event	Friday, 1 pm.
Everyone	Will send Zofia an email with their input on Bora's proposals to strengthen the participatory organs.	On Tuesday 3 December

